Sunday, May 9, 2010

Getting refocused

Well, mom and Robin, I think you are the only two readers of my blog! That's fine. I only lost 1.4 lbs last week, and I think I need to get back into writing every little morsel down. This weekend, however, that did not happen.

Strike 1: Friend's Birthday dinner at a "small plates" restaurant. Even though I only had 1-2 bites of each small plate, we had like 7 or 8 small plates! Not so good, but not as bad as....

Strike 2: Traveling to get a new truck on Saturday- stopped for Mexican. Split a meal with the hubs. He is not one to share, but when it is the "Grande Especial Dinner" he was ok. Granted, it was the only thing I really ate all day, but I am sure this fat fest added 2-3 lbs onto me.

Strike 3: Mother's Day Brunch. Today we met the in-laws and family for a brunch at a waterfront restaurant with a super Sunday Buffet Brunch. Bloody Mary, not too bad. Salad, fruit, & veggies, not so bad either. 1 slice Roast beef...not even that bad, and I did eat some shrimp too. Here is the damage: 1 scoop strawberry shortcake trifle, and (the big offender) 1 slice of chocolate layer cake with whipped cream. It was heaven, but I am not eating anything else today. It was worth it.

Do I feel guilty? A little. Really about the Mexican (I could have made a better choice) and the chocolate cake (a half piece would have been fine). So I will be working out double time Monday- Wednesday, along with limiting carbs to help shed my 2 this week so I can move my total weight loss to over 20 lbs. We will see. By the way, Biggest Loser makeovers? Wow! I think I have a crush on Daris now- he looked great with his new clothes and haircut- I love the "slicked back wavy" look. Plus, now you can see his dimples too! Michael, Sam, and Koli looked handsome too.

No comments:

Post a Comment